Sunday, May 24, 2009

Busy days!

Does life go faster every year? Are we busier and have more demands on our time?? Sometimes it seems there isn't time to do all the things you want to.
.
Last night there was a wonderful graduation celebration for Sven. Lots of fun with friends and family. Memories made! Good ones!
One of my sons is taking a few days with his maturing family and going to the shore for the week. They're having beautiful weather and it sounds as if they're truly relaxing. I'm keeping in touch, so that it almost seems we're together!

The family is preparing for grandson Jesse's marriage to Sarah in early June! Lots of planning and joy connected with that. The bride and groom are well organized-- the rest of us are still wardrobe-hunting, and such other mundane details, along with planning rehearsal dinner, etc.

The shop has been up-staged by several Saturday Valley Junction events that block all traffic to the shop. Very disconcerting and seems thoughtless to cut us off from doing any business on those days. Sooo yesterday I left the shop early, came home and got the lawn mowed before going to the graduation party.

I've mentioned that we're setting up a booth at Valley Junction's Farmer's Market on Thursday evenings, and that is going well. Lots of people are discovering that we have a shop, and lots of long-time friends and customers of the shop are re-connecting.

Traloola.com continues to get new artists signing up. We all want to see it succeed. The folks that started it are so easy to work with, and I've had to test their patience a number of times! They're very patient and are there to help when I send out the cry for help.

Tomorrow is Memorial Day. A day to remember the people who have gone before us who've left their legacy of freedom. I am very anti-war in these days of terrifying weapons and terror itself, but grateful that we still have an America of freedoms. For me Memorial Day, is a time to remember my parents and brother who have left this life. I am so thankful for all the ways they loved me and helped form me with their selfless and generous love. I owe them my loyal love-filled memories and thanks.

I remain hopeful with all the challenging times ahead, and trust that with faith, we'll see better days.

Till later...
Marge

No comments:

Post a Comment