Sunday, April 18, 2010

Another wonderful day!


It's a great day to be outside doing some of the yard work that's calling to me. First, though I want to address this blog to fellow artists who may be trying to figure out how to find a market for our creations.

It's discouraging to keep creating and have no outlet, nor finding the right way to get it to our 'public'. For me, the labor of doing shows isn't possible, (The exception will be to do the September ART FEST in my old stomping grounds of Valley Junction, when I expect to have new Santas and angels, and fish and a booth full of what our FOLKART SHOP had.)

Many friends have made good suggestions on ways for me to market, but it isn't shows on a regular basis, and it doesn't seem to be working for me to be online. I think I've figured out that people want to see and touch the art, while talking to the creator.
I'm not convinced that it's just the "economy" now, either!

If anyone is is interested in getting together some sort of "art marketing guild", please let me know. I would hope for a group of creative minds to share our thoughts and come up with a workable way to keep in business. I've talked with several of you about this, but hope we can be more deliberate and successful at finding our way.

I hope you will get in touch with me, and that we can work out a strategy for getting to the public.

Hoping to hear from you........

Marge

I've posted my nephew's ICE AGE Scrat. because he has perseverved through three movies to find his acorn....... and I'm sure our acorn waits!

No comments:

Post a Comment