Thursday, June 30, 2011

Just before July starts!


As I looked back at some of my older bogs, I found that usually I have posted a blog to celebrate JULY! So here's a short end of June post .... on an extremely hot Iowa day. The last few days have made me nostalgic for my boat, which I sold in early Spring, after enjoying it for 25 years. It will take some adapting to do the summer things I do, without the boat to use for driftwood gathering, doing hand work in the sun on the deck, enjoying the water, and having the kayak handy to jump in for a peaceful paddle!

I have found some good driftwood stored in the garage and basement, so there's no emergency about getting more. It's just that the gathering is part of the motivation to create.

I'm adding this blog, mostly to speak to a new community of friends who have just learned about the driftwood pieces, and the variety there is every season.

Today it's important to get to the red, white and blue of the season! So I have taken a photo (tho'' a poor and very small one!) of the first Sam to leave home in 2011. I've finished several to date, but have posted photos of older Uncle Sam's which are similar to the newest ones created.

So I will close with a wish to one and all for a Happy July 4th, with lots of parade fun, friends, and fireworks that symbolize our freedom!

'till later...........

Marge

No comments:

Post a Comment