Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mid Winter? Not quite!!

Here it is the middle of January, and the ground is all covered with a fresh coat of snow! As I shoveled the end of the driveway, the piles of snow reminded me of the path made on top of similar snow piles, as we walked to and from our Burlington, VT. "primary"school--quite a few years ago!

This is the time of year I yearn to paint 'real' paintings. And yesterday I got started on the backgrounds of a couple of winter paintings. It felt so good that I'm going back to the studio area today and work on them. I'm looking into ways of posting paintings for sale, because I have a whole room filled with paintings I've done through the years, and something in me wants to share them. Maybe even to sell them. It will take time, discipline and know-how to get them on a site that will accomplish that, but I have "people" who might find time to help.

Now--- Maybe a bite of lunch, then down to the paint to release my "inner artist". (A college art professor once told the class that we became artists the moment we picked up a paint brush and laid down paint.)

My driftwood folkart website is overly heavy with Santas now, but I have de-activated a number of them, and have added some new driftwood pieces. You may want to check it out. I've also added a few of the many wooden heart-Valentines I've been making recently. It's getting time to order those, and to get ready for the "driftwood bunny invasion" that's already begun.

Enjoy the snow, at least the visual beauty........ And take time to feed the birds, too.
Marge

No comments:

Post a Comment